Toshiba Portege M780

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLangston

Beta member
Ok, so I have a client that has a Toshiba Portege M780 and she wants the touchpad disabled because whenever she is typing she brushes against it and causes the curser to jump to a field that she does not want to type in. This computer is used by a doctor in her office to file out patient medical records and reports. She uses a wireless mouse so she does not need the touchpad. The fn + F9 is supposed to disable the touchpad but it doesn't. I did some researching found some more recent drivers for the Alps touchpad that she has and installed them as they were supposed to correct this issue but they haven't. I have also tried uninstalling it but it just re-installs on reboot. In the properties the disable button is greyed out so cannot use that. Have selected disable in services but it is still working. Any ideas I what I can try next?

Can't you disable it in device manager?

Did you install chipset drivers?

You could just unhook it, but you'd have to open the case for that.

In Device Manager the Disable button is greyed out. Yes, I could take it apart but the boss won't let me as it would void the warranty. LOL, I suggested it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom