Project: Aluminum Water Cooling Case

Spotswood

Baseband Member
This is a project/build log for an aluminum case designed specifically for a large water cooled rig, specifically:
  • 3 x 140x4 radiators
  • 1 140x3 radiator
  • 10-slot motherboard tray

AluminumWaterCoolingCase.jpg

HugeWatercoolingCase.jpg

ScrewBlocksAndParts.jpg

Stay tuned!

****, should be lots of fun. Are you planning on making a build out of it or just making the case?

Also where are you in NH? I haven't found many real hardcore techies around NH, so it's good to see somebody else is putting out some cool stuff from the 603!!!

****, should be lots of fun. Are you planning on making a build out of it or just making the case?

Also where are you in NH? I haven't found many real hardcore techies around NH, so it's good to see somebody else is putting out some cool stuff from the 603!!!

According to the IP addresses, not too far from you... but I will let Sportswood make the decision if he wants to disclose his location.

I'm just responsible for building the case. Thank goodness.

I'm in Nashua. I would never consider my self a hardcore techie though, more like an artist/craftsman.

The basic frame of the case is done, which consists of .5x1-inch u-channel with its ends plugged with blocks (pictured in the first post), press-fitted and pinned with a #4 screw along with some 1-inch angle:

FrontFrameParts.jpg

PluggedUChannels.jpg

FrontFrame.jpg

The assembled case frame is too tall to fit in the camera frame. hehe

CaseFrame.jpg

The frame looks kind'a "meh" until I bolt on the gorgeous anodized quarter rounds.

QuarterRound.jpg

CaseFrameWQtrRnd.jpg

The two shelves were cut from a .10-inch thick 5052 via my trusty router, a straight edge and a downcut spiral bit.

BottomShelfRouterStraightEdge.jpg

At the back corners of the shelves, two .5x1-inch cutouts were routed out via a temporary router jig.

BottmShelfCornerJig.jpg

RoutedBottmShelfCorner.jpg

The rounded inside corner left by the .5-inch flush router bit were filed square.

SquaredUpShelfCorner.jpg

FWIW, here's the difference in the thickness of the aluminum sheeting I use compared to everyone else.

AlThickness.jpg

Finally, a mockup of the shelf inside the frame of the case:

ShelfMockup.jpg

Back
Top Bottom