what's a good SSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DayDays Media

Banned
so i got some money and want to buy a ssd. now im not good with picking best hard drive but i have picked the

Intel X25-M SSDSA2MH080G2K5 2.5" 80GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

is this a great SSD? or is there a better one?

I only buy OCZ, but that's just me. Like I always say with RAM, they are basically all the same, just the timings matter. Basically same with SSDs.

most company's RMA policies are pretty standard, if it breaks through no fault of your own within the alloted time period it will be replaced. I can't really think of any ssd manufacturer who has a different RMA policy, but if one has a better policy then it might be good to go with them.

To the OP, what's your budget, and what's the purpose of the ssd going to be? Is it going to be an OS drive, or are you planning on putting a lot of stuff on it. Also what size are you looking at?

most company's RMA policies are pretty standard, if it breaks through no fault of your own within the alloted time period it will be replaced. I can't really think of any ssd manufacturer who has a different RMA policy, but if one has a better policy then it might be good to go with them.

To the OP, what's your budget, and what's the purpose of the ssd going to be? Is it going to be an OS drive, or are you planning on putting a lot of stuff on it. Also what size are you looking at?

$200 is my budget and it will be for video editing and gaming, its gonna be an OS drive and for my files will be on a 1TB HD

i was also thinking of OCZ Vertex 2

most last around 2 million write cycles. The vertex 2 is a solid choice, if you saved up a little longer you could get a vertex 3, patriot wildfire, or corsair force GT which use the new sandforce controller and gives massively increased speeds, but they're a lot more.

The vertex 2 is a fan favorite though so it's hard to recommend against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom