Help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spud5437

In Runtime
Hey everyone, need some help!

I was downloading a few tunes from the net yesterday (Kazaa, yea I know its crap) when my computer just froze. I left it for a few minutes, tried ctrl – alt – delete to try and shut kazaa down but nothing was working. I had to turn it off at the wall. After that when I turn my computer on it just checks/lights up the CD drives and nothing else, it doesn’t even do as much as turn on the monitor. I have spent age’s trying to get it to boot up and it has twice, the first time it went to the blue check disk screen and said that there were problems on the hard disk and froze again. The second time I canceled the check disk and it loaded into windows and was normal the desktop looked ok and I was able to move the mouse and do everything but after about a minute it just shutdown. The third time I got it to load windows I managed to get a system restore done, the computer shutdown and restarted like its meant to. About 5 minutes after the screen went black (with a small blue image in the top left) and nothing would happen.

I was thinking of just formatting my hard drive but I cant get the computer to boot as far as to check the floppy and even if I did I donÂ’t have the disk to let me format. Whenever I tried in the past it just said bad command.

Any and all help would be great.

(windows XP pro)

Repeated System Failure is a bad situation.

You should-
0. Let your computer cool down. It is possible for a current fast CPU and system to overhead due to clogged (with dust) fan intake/outtakes. Clean them when you have the time.
1. Pop your WinXP Pro (legit?) cd in and try to get an assisted boot to desktop.
2. If that works, do a virus scan with at least two v-scanners.
3. If you can get your system to desktop- do a backup of all docs, and downloaded apps (in their original compressed form), and etc = important stuff.
3.5. Try a system recovery with XP if you can't proceed with backup.
4. Try to clean your harddrive out. Uninstall all the downloaded crap and junk that takes up soooooo many system resources.
I don't know- there are many things that you can do. If your computer is restarting itself, then it might be in the BIOS because some BIOS's have a shutdown feature in the event of an overheating computer. If that is the case, the try taking a cover off the case and then turning the computer on. (beware of dust!).
5- Worst case scenario is to format your drive and starting from sratch. But try to back your stuff first! Good luck.

Re: Repeated System Failure is a bad situation.

ernie123 said:
You should-
0. Let your computer cool down. It is possible for a current fast CPU and system to overhead due to clogged (with dust) fan intake/outtakes. Clean them when you have the time.
1. Pop your WinXP Pro (legit?) cd in and try to get an assisted boot to desktop.
2. If that works, do a virus scan with at least two v-scanners.
3. If you can get your system to desktop- do a backup of all docs, and downloaded apps (in their original compressed form), and etc = important stuff.
3.5. Try a system recovery with XP if you can't proceed with backup.
4. Try to clean your harddrive out. Uninstall all the downloaded crap and junk that takes up soooooo many system resources.
I don't know- there are many things that you can do. If your computer is restarting itself, then it might be in the BIOS because some BIOS's have a shutdown feature in the event of an overheating computer. If that is the case, the try taking a cover off the case and then turning the computer on. (beware of dust!).
5- Worst case scenario is to format your drive and starting from sratch. But try to back your stuff first! Good luck.

Follow these directions, kazza delivers adware threw its self and threw the the stuff you download on it, everything you download is adware. Kazza automatically puts a peice of spyware in any file thats in the shared folder, the ones you recieved might have been fatal to your drive. Follow the above and you should get it up and running.

Ares is a much betetr program, has delivered no ad-ware as of yet and faster downloads. (http://www.download.com/Ares-Lite/3000-2166_4-10288301.html?tag=lst-0-2)

Re: Re: Repeated System Failure is a bad situation.

XT said:
kazza delivers adware threw its self and threw the the stuff you download on it, everything you download is adware. Kazza automatically puts a peice of spyware in any file thats in the shared folder, the ones you recieved might have been fatal to your drive. Follow the above and you should get it up and running.
Wrong. Kazaa lite has no spyware and don't "puts a peice of spyware in any file thats in the shared folder"
i dont know where you got that info but you need to re-check your sources.

Also kazaa lite isn't even Kazaa, its a hacked kazaa. And yes many many many many files on the kazaa network are infected with tons of adware spyware and viruses.

Bittorent is the way to go, but i haven't tried Ares, so that might be ok.

Re: Re: Re: Repeated System Failure is a bad situation.

sippin codeine said:
Wrong. Kazaa lite has no spyware and don't "puts a peice of spyware in any file thats in the shared folder"

Right....this is completely correct.
Kazaa is not responsible for the spyware....the users are. It is very easy to slip a spyware .exe into a "normal" application and/or .mp3 song title and then share it on Kazaa. The only reason Kazaa is such a blame is because of how popular it is right now. But, in fact, it's NOT KAZAA.....it's the users on Kazaa.

I had this problem where my comp kept freezing, i just opened it up and blew the dust out and voila ... works fine :D

Re: Re: Re: Repeated System Failure is a bad situation.

sippin codeine said:

I know kazza lite has no spyware with it. But original kazza does this, take a completely reformatted computer and put kazza on it. Download 200 songs, put on spybot search and destroy. You will find close to 200 adware discovered. Not using the internet for anything except kazza

Re: Re: Re: Re: Repeated System Failure is a bad situation.

mikesgroovin said:
Right....this is completely correct.
Kazaa is not responsible for the spyware....the users are. It is very easy to slip a spyware .exe into a "normal" application and/or .mp3 song title and then share it on Kazaa. The only reason Kazaa is such a blame is because of how popular it is right now. But, in fact, it's NOT KAZAA.....it's the users on Kazaa.
Wrong, before when you could download kazza you had an option at install. To buy it for 24$ or use it with adware. This was from the shaman network! No spyware? i dont think so!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom