Processor Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i'll measure. So go i need any compound to glue it down.
The heatsink attaches by a bracket, which locks the heatsink into place with the motherboard.
The only compound you need is the thermal paste, which improves cooling between the CPU and heatsink. The heatsink probably comes with some, but the TX-2 is really good stuff.

Doesn't show that it comes with the thermal paste... I guess I' buy some.

It looks like i have 6 in from the top of the processor to my case, so I should be ok.

Ok, so i installed the new fan and now the computer won't send a signal to the monitor. Everything turns on (fans, motherboard light). Any ideas what is causing that?

I did apply thermal paste all over the processor. and the new fan is spinning. I guess i can take it off again and make sure the cpu is set right.

THanks...

When applying thermal paste you use as little as possible. I recommend a pea sized dot in the center of the processor, however, others may recommend even less.
Make sure that you didn't get any thermal paste on the motherboard. Also, if thermal paste is squishing out of between the heat sink and CPU, then you used WAY too much.

Ok I have tried re installing the fan, using only a touch of thermal paste. Still no beeps for the motherboard, doesn't display anything to the monitor. The hard drive seems to be powering one, all the fans are powering on, but no signal to the tv.

I have tried new RAM didn't seem to make a difference. Any thoughts on what to test or what could be causing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom