Speedfan. A tale of a Very noisy set of fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eanborst

Beta member
My parents bought me a new computer from bestbuy(Doh!) and ever since I got it I've had nothing but problems. I've finally fixed all the silly graphics issues etc. Now I've got a more annoying problem! My fans sound like they're supposed to be on a jet or something! They are very noisy! Despite all the cleaning I've done to it, Etc. All the obvious ways people have tried to help me out with it, Now I believe that it may have something to do with the inner settings of my computer, I'm not very smart with these issues, so I was wondering if you guys could help me! I appreciate anything that you feel may help, I've attempted to use a suggestion my friend told me about called "Speedfan" but I simply couldn't figure out how to use it! My system info is posted below, If you need anything else, Tell me where i can find the info at and i'll get it for you asap. :) thanks again

~Ean

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 4/8/2011, 10:36:01
Machine name: EAN-PC
Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.101014-0432)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
System Model: GN553AA-ABA m9040n
BIOS: BIOS Date: 09/20/07 10:02:19 Ver: 5.10
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 3070MB RAM
Page File: 1145MB used, 5210MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

You should also be able to control most fans through the BIOS, provided they are plugged into the motherboard and not just the power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom