What kind of DDR3 graphics card should I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blakebooton

Solid State Member
My Specs : Amd Athlon II x4 (3.00)Ghz
4 gigs of ram
Windows Vista 64-bit
ATI Radeon HD 4350 512 MB

and I'm interested in buying a new graphics card and was wondering if anyone could help find the right match?:star:

what's your power supply. also what screen resolution are you on, what games do you play, and what's your budget?

my power supply is: Orion and model # is HP485D and it has 485 watts, the screen resolution is 1600x900 and the game i play is Crysis, also I'm willing to spend my money on a graphics card that is worth to make this game play on very high.

that PSU isn't very powerful, but you could probably get away with a 5850 with your psu. If you wanted to invest in a new PSU you could get a much more powerful GPU.

try get a ddr5 graphics card. a gts 450 will work a charm and won't require a PSU upgrade. also you will be able to play crysis 2 on very high on a 22'' monitor 1600x1050. like i've mentioned in your other thread you don't need to match your graphics memory to your system ram so don't limit yourself to ddr3 just go wild :)

I should probably point out that whether a card has GDDR3 or GDDR5 isn't a good indicator as to how fast that card will be. A slow card can have GDDR5, and a fast card can have GDDR3.
Edit: Hmm, actually that was completely wrong. Pretty much all the current-gen cards are GDDR5 and most of the slower ones are GDDR3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom