Show us your servers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that rack costs that much, I have seen some REALLY nice ones that go for $5000 before, the rack I last got to play with was $3500, had locks, fully enclosed, ports on top for ventelation, and network cables. Was really nice, and heavy duty.

Soz my post isn't that clear. I didn't mean 'just the rack', I meant 'just the rack (and contents) I posted up' (e.g. not the other racks (and contents). Lol yeah, 100k for just the rack itself is a little over the top lol

That dust looks cool, it's like a picture of the Moon that changes over time as new dust gets added and old dust gets sucked in. Should make some nice bunnies!
Dust has already been cleaned :) I don't like to keep my hardware dirty really. It's just this house is really dusty all the time so sometimes I let the front get kinda bad.

Dust has already been cleaned :) I don't like to keep my hardware dirty really. It's just this house is really dusty all the time so sometimes I let the front get kinda bad.
A vacuum and a can of air are your friends.

Go to the Hardware Store and buy a "Ozone Air Purifier Replacement Filter" (with metal edge) for your Home Computer (not the whole $300+ Machine just the replacement filter for less than $20).

Choose one that exactly fits the front of your Computer (so it looks great). Use single or double sided tape. You can vacuum them and back-blast them with canned air to avoid buying a new one.

Get one like these:
49.jpg
Alen-A375-A350-BF25A-Filter-s.jpg

but not ugly like this:
crn024.gif

For the Server just use Furnace Filters, since you won't be looking at them.

A vacuum and a can of air are your friends.

Go to the Hardware Store and buy a "Ozone Air Purifier Replacement Filter" (with metal edge) for your Home Computer (not the whole $300+ Machine just the replacement filter for less than $20).

Choose one that exactly fits the front of your Computer (so it looks great). Use single or double sided tape. You can vacuum them and back-blast them with canned air to avoid buying a new one.

Get one like these:
49.jpg
Alen-A375-A350-BF25A-Filter-s.jpg

but not ugly like this:
crn024.gif

For the Server just use Furnace Filters, since you won't be looking at them.
I actually already considered some filters but these fans are low RPM and big so I would be concerned about air flow being blocked by even the smallest of filter. I take my stuff apart and clean it regularly anyways so no need until I get my rack mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom