Strange Magnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naga

Baseband Member
magnet-2.jpg

just gota basic fullsize atx off of new egg, just lookin around at the innards and found this - what is it, for? and im guessing it needs to be removed before i add anything

its a ring magnet, and the power switch wire and some other wires are looped into it

well I can't see the picture and I can't get a link to it so I'm assuming no one else can either, and I can't say your description just displays the image in my head with outstanding detail, pretty vague description. I have no clue what you're talking about

nope. can't see the picutre. I tried copying the the address and then putting in the windows, but page couldn't be found. you should repost the link.

ok, i got it - it looks like a magnet - and its quite near the hard drive mounting cage

it was late, i was tired and the flash in my camra got strange :'(

WOW you shuld use that with a little "photo shoping" and you have yourself a signature!:)

Usually those magnet things are located on pcb's like motherboards or in powersupplies but I never saw one like that. I think they're used to "clean" power and get a better noise free signal. If it is a magnet I would suggest moving it away from the hardrive bays before you put a harddrive in there!

that picture looks a little bright so it's hard to tell what you're looking at. It looks like it's for the wires to fit through to keep them somewhat organized....you sure it's a magnet? It would make no sense to put a magnet anywhere in a computer case :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom