Processor Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, i did mean 155F. That is where it topped off.

I am not sure what meh means...

I will continue to monitor the temperatures, but at what point should I be concerned?

I understand what meh mean, but how does that apply to my computer running at 155F? I take it that it is ok, but not great. So at what point should I start to worry?

I understand what meh mean, but how does that apply to my computer running at 155F? I take it that it is ok, but not great. So at what point should I start to worry?

According to AMD, 141.8ºF is too high. Also, for the most part, the temperature of computer components are measured in Celsius. If possible, list the temps in Celsius.
Here is more info about your processor.
AMD Processors for Desktops: AMD Phenom

Edit: If your computer is hitting those temps, it is time to change/check something.
Have you dusted your computer out in the past month?
Have you tried reapplying thermal compound?
Is your heat sink securely attached?
Do your temps randomly spike?
Have you checked to make sure that your CPU fan is spinning?

As stated, normally if you have one intake fan and one exhaust fan, your components shouldn't overheat. With your CPU at these temperatures and overheating, it could damage itself.

Have you dusted your computer out in the past month? - Yes just did before I check the temperatures
Have you tried reapplying thermal compound? - No, I try not to mess with it, but I will give it a try
Is your heat sink securely attached? - i believe so, i will have to double check
Do your temps randomly spike? - Yes they jump up and down
Have you checked to make sure that your CPU fan is spinning? - Yes all my fans are spinning. I have one out and one in...

Any suggestions to help cool the computer down? I have an aluminum case now so I can cut a hole in it and add another fan if needed.

Or after trying to adjust the heat sink and cpu fan (assuming that doesn't work), do I need to just buy a new cpu heat sink and fan?

If your temperatures spike under idle, or a consistent load, then something is wrong. If your processor is overclocked, revert it to factory speeds.
If reapplying thermal paste doesn't help, then it may be time for a new heat sink.

Ok, what do you mean reapply themal paste? Are you referring the the glue you use to put it down? If so I was a little low when I was installing it, so I may have not used enough. Any suggestions on a specific under $50 one that will be a good replacement? Or under $30 would be even better.

Is the cpu fan blowing the air at the heatsink or is it blowing the air away from it?

Can you post a picture of the inside of your case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom