*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

@ Yami

We need the SuperPi screen showing the loop results and the checksum. You have to take the screenshot before you click "OK" in the box telling you the "PI calculation is done!".
I had tried to take said screenshot, however the checksum wasn't appearing for me and it wasn't showing in milliseconds for me either (I was going by the first screenshot in the thread, which uses the same type of screenshot as I did). I looked at yours and noticed you're using a different version, which I have now downloaded - I'll put my new screen up in a bit.

Next time I'll give you at least a day :thumbsup:

I'm running my ram at 8-8-8-24-2T @1.5v
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8

I did have to trim the memory fins to fit under my Noctua NH-D14.

but I can use 2 sticks from my set of (3x2GB) Dominators that will run at 6-6-6-21-1T 1.65v if needed. I just don't want to push the extra voltage through the system if I don't have to (and I'll have to remove the memory heatspreader fins).

Very nice, I was running at 7-8-7-21-1T @ 1.7v I believe. They run at 1.65 stock @ 1600mhz, but I think I could get a lot more out of them at that stock voltage. It's amazing how close everything is minus your i7 and my i5 and yet you're only a hundredth of a second faster...

using these Newegg.com - Patriot Viper Xtreme Series, Division 2 Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model PXD34G1600LLK

As far as I know the only difference between the i5 2500 and the i7 2600 (K or not) is Hyper-Threading and a Multiplier setting. And I had HT turned off.

really? I thought that there was some minuet difference in the core structure. So you pay the $100 extra for hyper threading essentially?

More or less, you get HT and 100MHz.

As for your memory settings, your running your memory at 1.7v, you need to set your VCCIO (Memory Controller) Voltage to 1.2v to stay in spec's (and 1.25v should be considered the Max. for air-cooling). With your memory, I would leave the DRAM Voltage at 1.65v and raise the VCCIO to 1.15v. If the Memory acts up, at 1.65v, I would raise the VCCIO Voltage to 1.175v - 1.2v.

What vcore are you guys running to get 5.1? I had mine at 1.48 and was only able to boot at 4.8 GHz. On an Intel Burn Test my temps got way too hot though (70+) I don't dare run it much higher than 1.45v. Here's a screen of my run at 4.8 GHz. Got under 8 s, which is nice. I was stable, but I definitely wouldn't run 24/7 at that voltage. So...in a sense this could be considered a suicide run. Take as you will :p

7.909 Seconds | synergy | i7 2600k @ 4.8 GHz
spi48.png

What vcore are you guys running to get 5.1? I had mine at 1.48 and was only able to boot at 4.8 GHz.

set your Load-Line calibration to it's maximum level.

Then, for 5GHz, I have my VCore set to 1.45v and my VCCIO set to 1.175v.

I'll update your score when I get home from work unless someone beats me to it :D

22.770s | GhOsT1321 | AII @ 3.509GHz
Super_PI_Score.jpg

This got me wondering...
How come my RAM (rated at 1600Mhz) could never run at 1600?
Well I poked around in the BIOS and it turns out, I had the voltage at 1.55, it should have been 1.65. Whoops, gonna post another score for comparison.

Back
Top Bottom