Building i7 Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just looking at the processor again and noticed this;

**Please note: Intel Sandybridge SATA Issue on P67 and H67 Motherboards.
There is NO Issue with Sandybridge Processors (CPU's). Only Motherboards are potentially affected.
Devices connected to SATA Ports 0 & 1 or Using the SATAIII (6Gb/s) Ports are not affected
.**

It sounds bad for me but to be honest i have no clue what it means.. Could you enlighten me? =)

Here is the link: Scan.co.uk: Intel CPU Core i7 2600K Unlocked Sandy Bridge Quad Core Processor - BX80623I72600K
Its under Product Overview tab.

Thanks.

the earlier models of P67 and H67 motherboards were flawed, and recalled by intel.
CPU, AKA Processors are perfect and functional.

AS Fat Clown said, there was an issue with the earlier Socket 1155 CPUs, where if you used any of the SATA 2 ports then there was a chance that within a couple years it would stop working. That issue has now been fixed - the motherboard I linked you to, the P8P67 Pro Rev3, has had the issue fixed.

So.. scan.co.uk is really p'ing me off at the moment.. They are taking forever to get the Grahpics card in stock (should of been in stock on 10th April)

I sent them an email to ask them to send me the other parts now then the grahpics card when they have it in stock... but because i selected the option to send it altogether they cant do that. Though they can send the other parts only if i cancel the grahpics card.

After that i was looking at other places to buy that grahpics card and found this website: http://www.yoyotech.co.uk - which is about 7miles away from me so i can pick it up in their store!
They have all the parts that i ordered from scan.co.uk but its just over £100 more. I sent yoyotech an email today to see if they can price match scan.co.uk and i will pick the parts up the same day. I'm still waiting for a reply (i only sent it to them about 3hours ago so i should get a reply by tomorrow)
If all goes well i will cancel my order with scan.co.uk and buy it from there.

BUT! Just incase could you check these parts are the same from scan.co.uk? Iv checked them and they seem fine but i just want to double check with an expert (you guys) =)

Motherboard:
YoYoTech: ::YoYo Tech::
Scan: Scan.co.uk: Asus P8P67 Pro Rev3 Intel P67 Express Socket 1155 Motherboard - P8P67 PRO <Rev.3.0>

Grahpics Card:
Scan: Scan.co.uk: MSI 1536MB GeForce GTX 580 Twin Frozr II/OC NVIDIA Graphics Card - N580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC

CPU:
Scan: Scan.co.uk: Intel CPU Core i7 2600K Unlocked Sandy Bridge Quad Core Processor - BX80623I72600K

RAM:
Scan: Scan.co.uk: Corsair Memory Vengeance Blue 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz CAS 9 XMP Dual Channel Desktop - CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B

Blu Ray:
Scan: Scan.co.uk: LG Blu-Ray Writer, BH10LS30.AUAR, SATA, Retail - BH10LS30.AUAR10B

If it doesnt work out and they wont price match then i will cancel the grahpics card from scan.co.uk and buy it from yoyotech

THANKS! =)

You could always cancel the graphics card and get a different one, such as
https://secure.scan.co.uk/aspnet/Shop/AddToBasket.aspx?WebProductId=1476854

Is there much difference between them? I see the MSI one has a Core Clock of 800 MHz and the other one a Core Clock of 783 MHz.
edit: and also the memory clock is more on the MSI.

Still.. if YoYoTech can pricematch i would rather get it from them since i can get every thing tomorrow.
In my other post above this.. are all those components the same? (i know i sound stupid but i just want to make sure :) )

The ones you have listed are indeed all the same; you didn't include the power supply, case or CPU cooler, though.

Is there much difference between them? I see the MSI one has a Core Clock of 800 MHz and the other one a Core Clock of 783 MHz.
In real terms it really doesn't make much difference - maybe 1/4 of a frame per second better. Besides, you can easily overclock the lower-clocked card to 800MHz (and higher) yourself with programs like EVGA Precision (that's what I use).

The ones you have listed are indeed all the same; you didn't include the power supply, case or CPU cooler, though.
I was gonna list them all but i was 100% sure that the ones i didnt list are the same =)

In real terms it really doesn't make much difference - maybe 1/4 of a frame per second better. Besides, you can easily overclock the lower-clocked card to 800MHz (and higher) yourself with programs like EVGA Precision (that's what I use).
I see.

Well.. i will wait till tomorrow to see if they sent me an email back.. if not i will call them up and have a talk with them.
If they can do it i will buy from them
If they cant i will either cancel the MSI Graphics card and get the Palit one or buy the MSI one at the YoYoTech store.

Ill update you tomorrow =)

Thanks again.

edit: oh yea.. another thing. I see some graphics cards with a powersupply slot.. and some without.. does that make any difference?

Update:
YoYoTech wouldnt pricematch.. I went to their shop and they wernt too kind. I asked them if they could pricematch (£55 more then scan.co.uk) then they gave me a little bit of attitude, giving me 101 reasons why i should buy from them and not scan.co.uk.

So because of that i just bought the Grahpics card which was £1 less then scan.co.uk RESULT! :p
I canceled the Grahpics card on scan.co.uk.. and i think i have to wait till monday for a reply.

Also.. i might buy this monitor:
LG W3000H-BN 30 inch Widescreen LCD Monitor - Computing at Play.com (UK)
Do you think its any good?
ultrasharp 30" is better.. but like i said its 2much for me.

I was looking at the ultrasharp 27 and 30". I went for the 30" but the ultrasharp 30" is way 2much for me.

I dont know if i said this before.. but my dad will claim the VAT back on all the items (has his on business) which.. will help me a lot =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom