Corsair CX Series Compilation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstract Hero

Hyper Techie
There has been a lot of nay saying on these and I would like to compile some information on this line. The most detailed info I found on whats really "wrong" with the label I found here:
PSA: The Corsair CX series - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

I have yet to see a review really claiming them to be garbage with a full load test and "explosions." Not literal I mean I have seen no failed tests.

SO FAR I've had 0 problems with my own 500 and it seems that despite (mis)label trickery they are solid. This is once you see past the fact that the wattage is misleading. I did though without a doubt buy mine after no research and I bought it for the name. I will be completely willing to submit to face palms if I'm giving solid reason that these are sh*t.

My overall stance on this PSU is I will not recommend it due to the misleading information Corsair has provided. Though I do believe had these been labled properly they would have been fine

Any links for or against?
Questions, comments, concerns?

I'll update as I find reviews.

Corsair CX430 430W power supply Review

Thats the biggest thing.... Theyre NOT the rated specs... Which is what we all ***** about.
Also the entire cx line is NOT 80 plus certified.

Strangly, only the 430cx has any reviews. Jonny gave it a 9 though.

I think when you downgrade a product it gets labled crappy.

Well I'm surprised at the misleading labels, but as far as the competition among the lower valued (largely mis-labeled) manufacturers goes, Corsair is still the best of the bunch.

You think you know a guy... :p

I am rather disappointed at Corsair for this. Until now, they had an entirely untarnished reputation in my eyes. While I'll still be recommending them I think I'll be taking more thorough looks at the competition in future.

While I generally agree, I do work on a lot of old computers that just aren't worth spending more than $50 on, and most of the time it seems like the power supply is the problem.

Well I'm "glad" (for the lack of a better word) that the misrating is the real downfall that has people **** ed but if I'm understanding correctly especially from what Slay is saying, If you are going to spend that little $50~ and you know they aren't rated correctly and you choose accordingly wouldn't these still be a good choice?

I mean I'm for god **** sure I would take this over a logisys/hec/apevia claiming the same "wattage." :p

The thing is the HEC/APEVIA etc arent priced in the "I'm a good psu" catagory. The cx 500 is asx good as a 430W psu for the same price too.
Its just going to lead to alot of, i got the right psu, why isnt it working... threads

OR, maybe its cause we all just ned to *****.

^^^Sorry accidentally clicked "remember me"

I get what your saying.

I can see the whole, "You guys recommended me this cx500 so i got a GTX 5xx and its rated at 500watts minimum. WHY ISN'T THIS WORKING?" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom