Ati or Nividia ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus Lonsdalius

Solid State Member
Oh dear... i think i just asked the question that should not be asked on any computer forum :p
I am going to build a new computer and am deciding the graphics cards. The rig will be between £900 and £1300 pounds and run on a 1920x1080 Resolution monitor. Now is cheaper cards with a sli/crossfire config better? or more expensive ones like the nividia 580 or ati 6970 better? Basically i'm not bias to one company and can easily shift my build to incorporate sli/crossfire, which gpu will give me the most fps. Also if you feel helpful go to my other thread about the build and give me some help finally deciding processors, psu's ect. for the price. Thanks

Use a single better card. It has less heat. Some games have trouble using two gpu's, so sli/crossfire my cause some problems. Whether you go 6970 or 580 is up to you. 580 is much better, but also more expensive. Ati will give you the option of eyefinity and 3D, nvidia just has 3D...however...I have heard of a program for nvidia that is like eyefinity..but I don't know what it is or how reliable it is......

It also gives you the option of upgrading later to two gpu's when you find your computer can no longer run newer games..

I recommend getting one high powered card now so you have an upgrade option later if/or when it maybe needed.

I think you could have a better PC if you built it yourself. I see no mention of what motherboard is being used. They don't offer a 8GB (2x4GB) memory option which is preferred, I don't like the hard drive options which seem expensive (but I'm not up on the pound), while the power supply is fine for one GTX 580 it's not big enough to handle two if you ever decide to upgrade (if the motherboard even supports the option), a case is a personal choice but I don't like the Xigmatek Utgard it just looks a little cheap and I would go with the Prolimatek with a couple of Hi-Speed fans and a fan controller, and the sound card shouldn't be needed as the built-in sound is 7.1 HD and will probably sound just as good as the Xonar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom