woohoo new gfx card.. but whats auto overclock?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmonk888

Baseband Member
anyways .... i got a new graphics card... PNY 6800 GT 256 MB.. i know you guys think eVGA is better.. but if you look online .. no one has any eVGA 6800 Gts in stock.. or any other 6800 GT card.. god knows why .. however.. i ended up tricking a local store into selling it to me not for the 399 they wanted for it .. but for like .. 350 ..soo.. good or not .. i gots a PNY .. lifetime warranty should help if its bad tho -=D .. anyways...
imediately after re-installing the nvidia driver for it .. i applied the famous coolbits.reg trick to see what speeds it runs at ... and to my surprise.. there was a new option in there.... called "auto overclock" .. i clicked it to see what it does, and it didnt really change the core speed or memory .. so im not sure if thats meant to be on at all times .. or just the normal ?! any input will help .. thanks guys -=D

PNY is good.

I think it automatically adjusts to your other computers settings and then puts the OC bases on that info.

Well, it should overclock your card automatically to it's max Potential.....if it didn't really change the core and memory right then then perhaps it's a feature to overclock during demand, but I've got the coolbits reg and the only thing I know of like that is the "Auto Detect Optimal Frequencies' or something along that nature.

thnx for input guys.. i probably should have it off.. my computer already runs ridiculously hot anyways .. like .. 50-55 deg... with case OFF!.. friggin dog was sniffing at powersupply because MGE cant make one without a blue lightbulb in it .. now i cant sleep if the computer is on.... not that i could because of the volcano 7+
but .. thnx again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom