asus engtx 580?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith bob

Baseband Member
i have an asus engtx 580 (which is great btw) but for the last month i have been wanting to get another one to do SLI.... unfortunately i cannot find one anywhere.... does anyone know if they have stopped making this model alltogether or are they just backed up???

i was also wondering if i could SLI this one with the newer one that has the dual fans??

or is it not that big of a deal to pair two 580 from different manufacturers??

i have never had a dual card setup before so if anyone has any extra knowledge or advice i would appreciate it...

thanks in advance

You can SLI two cards from different manufacturers but they have to be the same gpu, 580 with a 580. And you can also SLI (2) 580's with different clock speeds but both cards will default to the speed of the card in the Top or 1st slot.

ok... so i can use any 2 580s.... but i heard that you get a slight performance boost using two of the exact same cards.... is this true or does it not matter at all?

Sounds like they mean it's just more certain to work if it's the exact same card...but, again, any two of the same gpu will work the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom