Quickest Way to Format Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceyc0ld

In Runtime
Hey guys my friend wanted to format his drive. Just delete everything. How is the quickest way to do that?

Once I get it I just push a button and bam everything is gone ? Except the windows right ? He wants to keep the windows 7

He didn't get the disk that's why.

So how do I use eraser? Isn't there an option in windows to format without loosing windows ? that dosen't require eraser

If he wants to keep just Win7 he needs to download Revo Uninstaller and start uninstalling everything else. There is no program to selectively format a drive... it's all or nothing.

If he wants to keep just Win7 he needs to download Revo Uninstaller and start uninstalling everything else. There is no program to selectively format a drive... it's all or nothing.

+1 to that.

Hmmm okay, cause the thing is that he has no windows CD, and he has a trojan and he wants to wipe everything BUT the windows and get the trojan out, that make sense ?

The idea makes sense. Actually achieving it doesn't.

If he has a trojan, then get your friend to go through this guide
Spyware Asylum

And besides, even if he did manage to perfectly back up his Windows install (such as through drive imaging), then in all likelihood the trojan would go along for the ride. So then you're still left with the two options of a) getting rid of the Trojan or b) reformatting the drive and reinstalling Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom