Building My First Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

efee24

Baseband Member
Hello everyone, well I was going to build a budget computer back in January for 400 dollars buy I realised that I didn't have enough cash for it then and that I wanted to spend a little more. So now I have $600 to spend on a new build, and it is my first time ever building. So I don't have much knowledge as of upgrading, buying, and building. But from what I've heard it seems fairly easy. I once had to replace my motherboard when it went out, but thats all I've really done.

I was sort of sceptical about asking for a build because I was looking at other threads and saw the everyone already set their own build up. But honestly I feel a lot more comfortable leaving that up to people with a more of experience.

Now for what I would be using this computer for. I play a lot of games and I do a lot of internet surfing. I play games like Starcraft 2, warrock, minecraft ect. I also do alot of multi tasking like watching videos while editing a video on sony vegas and with a java process running and mabye even a few more things. My current computer is just getting way to old to be able to handle this anymore (Dell Dimension E310 haha). So what I'm looking for is a computer that would be great for all of those things. Also a thing I'm really looking for is for the computer to handle 1080p video perfectly fine. This antique cannot handle 1080p so I can't even edit with my new camera :(

So if someone could give me a nice setup for that I would be very greatful! I also have a windows 7 disk so that won't be needed, and I have already have a monitor, speakers, mouse, and a keyboard.

So $600 is my budget..

Thats all I can think of for now.. so THANKS FOR HELPING!

LG Black 24X DVD SATA DVD Burner

Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

ASUS ENGTX460 DirectCU TOP768MD5 GeForce GTX 460 768MB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 PC3 10666 Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL

1. ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 AMD Motherboard
2. AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core

HITACHI Deskstar 7K1000.C HDS721010CLA332 (0F10383) 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 (CMPSU-500CX) 500W ATX12V v2.3 Active PFC Power Supply

Subtotal: $598.93
+$5 shipping
-$15 promo code on RAM (work until the 13th, or until it sells out)
=$590

run down;
4 core processor, 4x the power of your current computer.
gtx 460 768mb, lower mid tiered video card, while not amazing, but it is still carries a punch (can max out nearly every games out right now @ HD 1080), plus pretty much anything is going to blow you away from your current setup.
8GBs of RAM, plenty, even for me.
1TB hard drive (that's 1,000 Gigs), for those games and videos.
basic case, dvd burner, power supply.

Oh wow thanks man. That looks pretty awesome, I kinda want to wait for another opinion but im tempted to just order this right now. Looks great :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom