they dissapeared?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disaster

Solid State Member
after just installing a cd burning prog and rebuting my comp i saw that both of my cd drives were missing in my computer. i have 1 dvd drive and another cdrw drive. so i went to hardware config and checked to see whats going on turns out the drivers are still installed but it said it could not detect the hardware for the drivers:confused: could ne help i have no idea what to do but unplug my drives and replug them in after i open my case to maybe reset them does ne else have ne other idea. plz help me:eek:

i have windows xp home edition with a gateway pc :800 mhz proceesor pentium:300 somthing ram:and tell me thiung else u need to know

hmm i would go into my bios and do auto detect and see if the DVD and the CD rom to see if they are being detected thier and if not.. make sure all the wires are plugged in tight. [But i would imagine that windows xp wouldnt have any problems detecting them aslong as thier connected properly].... ohh you can go through control panel and search for non plug and play compatible hardware, who knows maybe it will show up.

ohh wait on second thought it would make sence to uninstall the software reboot and see if it shows up.... if not just do system restore.

A_Zip1 said:
ohh wait on second thought it would make sence to uninstall the software reboot and see if it shows up.... if not just do system restore.

a-zip and i had the same idea...that would be the first thing that i would do to see whether its a software problem.

if it is....i'd try other burning software,..i presume you're using the software that came with youre burner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom