Suggestions for Business Computer Build!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttzu

In Runtime
Hello all. Just wanted to say that the computer I built for my roommate turned out awesome. We went intel sandy bridge and hooked the HDMI directly up to his 37'' and it looks great. Now on to my main question. I am looking to build a business computer for my mom's business. She will use it for quick books and general data storage but it needs to be very reliable. She also wants to have a back up drive or multiple back up drives if needed. She will need a tower, keyboard + mouse, and she wants to run dual 19'' or 20'' screens. So basically a reliable business computer that can hold a lot of information and run dual monitors.

Build:

Case: Nothing fancy but something with decent airflow
MB:
CPU:
RAM:
Video Card: Something that can run dual monitors and not overheat
HDD: I'm thinking dual 1TB using 1 for main drive and 1 for backup/storage of files/clients
Optical Drive: Basic CD/DVD
Keyboard + Mouse: Nothing fancy
Monitors: Dual 19'' or dual 20"

Just a reliable business computer that can run dual monitors. She is looking at a budget of around $1,200 to $1,500 and will pay a little more if needed. Thanks for the suggestions and I look forward to ordering some more parts!!!

Im pretty sure everyone here will tell you its cheaper to go with a dell, hp, ect. Not that they would be against building, its just you loose your cost advantage when you go with lower end parts.

That is true but I am still curious what route to go as well as something that can handle 2 monitors...

I have that graphics card (from PNY) and I play cod:black ops on a 22" monitor at about 70c. I had a smaller 16" monitor in addition to my 22" a while back and it didn't go above 46 degrees while not playing any games..

Honestly, I would look into a RAID 5 array if she desires redundancy, and performance at the same time, and if needed, a single large external drive for backup purposes.

The only reason I say this, is because when one drive in a Raid 5 array fails, you can still continue to go along, but at a slower rate, and when the new drive gets in, pop it in, and let the computer re-build the array overnight. It is rare for 2 of the 3 disks to fail, but it does happen, hence the reason for an external drive for Ghost/Acronis backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom