Boot up Stalls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its just the power supply? Any recommendations on a good one that isn't too expensive? Ideally I don't want one that is too loud, but I'd rather stay on the cheaper end of things if possible.

How do you know the power supply is bad? It is an older one but why wouldn't it work?

It's saying:

Power Supply surges detected during the previous power on
Asus Anti-Surge was triggered to protect system from unstable power

I'd say the power supply was definitely bad, hopefully it hasn't damaged any components yet but it very well may have.

In order to recommend a power supply we need to know what parts it powering. Please list your System Specifications.

Should I turn the computer off right away?

It has a 2tb hard drive, a quad core 2.5ghz processor, dvd drive, and 4gbs of ram. Is that what you need to know?

How old is the PC and does it have a dedicated video card? If it does then need need to know what kind it is, Nvidia-ATI, and the model number.

Are you in the US, UK, Australia, etc...?

I am in the US.

No videocard, just the on board one.

The computer parts are only about 6 months old (they sat in a closet until about a week ago when i finally put it together). The power unit on the other hand is from a computer that is 6-8years old. I didn't realize I needed a new one.

The computer is really just a server, I don't do anything that requires a video card, and the on board one is plenty good enough.

I thought I was going to need one that was more than 430w...

Will these be compatible with my motherboard and existing equipment? I am just not sure if they are all the same as connections go.

The only thing I will be upgrading would be adding a hard drive to back up data to. So I should be good with the 430w one right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom