First Gaming Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ill return the CPU and the mobo and get the 2600k and the maximum iv, I would do it and get a 3d monitor with the money I saved but are the rest of the components I already have compatible?
As far as i can tell the only thing is that it only supports up to dual channel ram and i ordered the triple channel will it be problem?
thanks

If price is not an issue, I'd recommend RAIDing two (or more) of these bad boys together and loading your OS onto it. Use the HDD for storage.

Your other hardware can be as fast as you want it, but if your HDD has to look for the information you're only as fast as that. The SSD practically eliminates the seek time... especially two RAIDed together.

So how do I do the raid just buy a SSD and hook it up as my primary?
And do I have buy the cable sepretly?
And which one would you recommend please include a link
thanks

I'm just going to stick with what iv got I it seems more of a downgrade to me and a big hassle to do all the returns the CPU from amazon three mobo from frys and the ram from newegg lol.
Thanks anyway

Hey, I just put my build together I ended going with the Radeon 6990 because my pre-order for the 590gtx was back ordered for weeks and heard is was really under-clocked.
I'm still waiting for my Radeon 6990 and my OCZ SSD 60gb Agility 2, Here's my final specs
CPU: i7 980x

CPU Cooler: corsair H70

PSU: corsair 1200w pro

Case: Haf x 942

Drive: LG Blu-ray Super-Multi drive

MOBO: Asus Rampage iii Extreme

RAM: G.skill 12gb 1600mhz 3*4gb

Sound Card: sound-blaster X-Fi fatal1y titanium champion

HDD: WD 2TB caviar black

SSD: OCZ 60GB Agility 2

GPU: XFX Radeon 6990

I connected all the wires and parts but how should I arrange my RAM I saw some people just put it in straight and some skipping a slot, I skipped all the black ones and put them only in the red slots I saw it in a video
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP

Here's some pics

http://m1108.photobucket.com/albums...Z0RFAuxT9eWl98PCnSIuaXuPDcLgy5r0MIvGKokD60zw=

The pictures are to small, I can't see anything worth looking at. Post some pictures that are 800x600 and turn some lights on.

Sorry about that. I just got my case lights and my SSD and installed them now I'm just waiting on my Radeon 6990.
Let me know if these are any better

2011-04-06195139.jpg
[/IMG]
2011-04-06195038.jpg
[/IMG]
2011-04-06195030.jpg
[/IMG]
2011-04-06194330.jpg

2011-04-06194849.jpg

This is about the best cable management that I can do most of the wires are behind the motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom