Boot up Stalls

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-rock

In Runtime
Hello,

When booting up my computer it keeps notifying me that new hardware was found and to press f1 to go to setup and press f2 to load the defaults. I have been just pressing f2 and the computer works fine, but its a little annoying to have to press f2 every time I turn on the computer.

It is a ASUS motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards - ASUS M4A785-M

See image of message below

View attachment 4716

Attachments

• 2011-04-06_10-42-51_502.jpg
    2011-04-06_10-42-51_502.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 43
How do I do that? and is there any chance of losing data or ruining the motherboard?

Reset BIOS by turning off the system, unplug power to the PSU, take the watch battery on your motherboard out, wait a minute, reinsert, plug you power back in, power on.

You will lose nothing. You are just setting BIOS to its defaults.

OK, just to make sure I do this right. I will unplug computer, watch the motherboard light go out, wait a few minutes and plug it back in?

You have to take the battery out on your motherboard.

Turn off the system
Unplug power to the PSU (black power cord)
Take the watch battery on your motherboard out (near the PCI slots)
Wait a minute and reinsert
Plug you power back in
Power on.

Ok I have it unplugged the light is out... is this what I need to remove? If so i just pull that out for a few minutes then put it back in.

View attachment 4717

Attachments

• 2011-04-06_12-00-03_947.jpg
    2011-04-06_12-00-03_947.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 43
Alright I did that. Took it out for 2 minutes. It reset, because I had to re enter the time and date. I am getting the same exact message. Do I need to change a setting in the BIOS?

From the message posted in your 1st post it looks pretty obvious, you need to buy a good power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom