First PC Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirus

Beta member
Hey guys I've been looking at a ton of parts for a semi-good gaming computer (Within cost). I'm Just not sure if all these parts will go well with each other.

I need help deciding if it's all pretty compatible and reliable. If not could you offer some advice on another part I should pick up with around the same price instead?

The purpose is to have a pretty nice gaming rig without much or any overclocking. Running maybe crysis at max settings

Case:
Newegg.com - APEVIA X-DREAMER3-BK Black Metal ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Motherboard:
Newegg.com - ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 AMD Motherboard

Processor:
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT90ZFBGRBOX

Video Card:
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100315L Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

Ram:
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM

Power Supply:
Newegg.com - RAIDMAX Blackstone series RX-700AC 700W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.3 / EPS12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Optical Drive:
Newegg.com - ASUS Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - CD / DVD Burners

Hard drive:
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda ST3500413AS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Tell me what you guys think, and offer some ideas if you could. I am keeping it in the blue / black theme because I'm weird about that haha. but this build is around 700 dollars

that power supply will not be recommended... dont cheap out on the psu. i am partial to corsair myself:

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

i would also think about paying a bit more for a quality case. It really is worth paying a bit more and having something that will last several builds, wont slice your fingers open, and has more amenities such as easier cable routing without having to get a hacksaw. even if you have to buy the specific lights/fans to keep with your blue black thing.

the hard drive is kind of small... unless you know youll never need more than that. i dont think that the 6 Gb/s drive is necessary either, but maybe someone else will think differently.

there are a couple of different 6850's that are cheaper with MIR, unless you were counting the value of the game.

I like corsair, too. I have the 650TX.

I'd recommend the CoolerMaster 922 or 932. They are excellent cases.

You do not need the 6GB/s. Also, that looks like a low grade HDD.

You want to use something other than the stock heatsink. Those stock ones are crappy. I like Xigmatek. :)

Looks pretty decent. Mine (below) is sort of similar and is working great. I agree with a couple things in that the PSU is important - certainly no complaint with my Corsair and the modular is the way to go for building. Might as well get a 1TB HD as the cost difference is minimal.

Also, I think Crysis takes around 15-20G of space. If you're looking to game consider an SSD. Adds cost but I run Windows and a few main programs on mine as well as WoW and the load times are awesome.

Also, the Vid card is Crossfire ready, but I'm not sure that Mobo is..

Good luck and enjoy

That board is not for crossfire. It only has one PCI-E slot. But you can still use the card on its own. Update later.

600W will be fine.

Open box means another person "opened" the box and shipped it back to Newegg. Newegg does check it for defects, but does not do it thoroughly. I have bought a motherboard as of that, and I always had problems.

Recertified, however is better. It has been factory refurbished by the manufacturer. It's like getting an RMA board back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom