New motherboard install, odd error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
Hello all, I just installed a new motherboard. An Asus P4S8X. I've had two errors at bootip (Still finishing a WinXP Pro install) that say

"Drive is attached to fast track control, BIOS not installed".

What does this mean???

The system has two CD drives, one hard disk, SB Audigy Gamer, 256MB Geforce 5700le vid card, and a linksys network card, 1.2GB of ram, and a FDD.

Correction, this is the exact message. Everything seems to be functioning properly. What's the deal? I flipped through the motherboard manual and saw nothing.

"No Drive Attached to FastTrack Controller BIOS not installed"

No way to disable the thing? I don't care one bit, but it's for a friend and I'm sure he'll whine and think I'm a hack =)

Yep, same thing with me ohGRFreak. Well, if anyone knows how to disable the message feel free to post! :)

I don't believe there's a way to disable it as mine does this to at POST. You can go into your BIOS settings and disable the RAID Controller and perhaps it won't bother looking for it therefore not give you that message

Thanks all, I didn't see anything in the BIOS and I think I'll just quit while I'm ahead. Everything is running smooth, and when I told my friend about the message he didn't seem to care :)

Nubius is correct, you can go into the BIOS and disable the raid controller. I Disabled EVERYTHING in the BIOS that i'm not using RIGHT NOW. PC boots crazy fast with that off, 0 startup progs, and using Bootvis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom