Accessing My computer remotely with Windows Remote Desktop from anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2adre

In Runtime
I'm wondering because I have a netbook, an htpc (one that's hooked up to the tv strictly for streaming sports and watching my movies) and my desktop computer. I was wondering by chance, if I am on someone else's wifi network am I able to access my computers via windows remote desktop.

Thanksfor the assistance guys as always!:grin:

Yes, its possible to Remote Desktop into your computer from anywhere there is an internet connection but sometimes it can be a bit confusing to setup and configure. I would recommend to check out DynDNS.com - Managed DNS, Domain Names and more! which is a DNS service that runs on your computer that you want to remote into and it keeps track of your IP address that is more than likely DHCP assigned by your ISP... and then of course be sure to open the ports on your windows 7 firewall, and also to forward the RDP on your router to your computer's internal ip address.

I use logmein. As long as you have internet you can access any computer with it installed under your profile. It's free as well. I've heard great things about TeamViewer too. TeamViewer and logmein are the top free ones IMO. You can use RDP that is installed in windows but that generally requires configuration of firewall and the router to work. Teamviewer and logmein just work once installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom