Windows XP / XPS 400 Freezes when idle

Status
Not open for further replies.

mat420

Baseband Member
Ok this computer is freezing on idle, sometimes like after 15 minutes, sometimes a long time. It isnt even a complete freeze usually, or sometimes it'll sorta respond and then completely lock up when coming back from idle. Mouse never really freezes.

I ran advanced system care, ccleaner also and it fixed it for awhile (it hought) and now its doing it again.

i ran "hot cpu tester" and it freezes the comp
i ran intels cpu diagnostic software and it passed though

its a dual core pentium d 2.8ghz 1tb brand new hard drive
i also ran memory tests
its a brand new graphics card in there, not sure if thats the issue

not sure what else to say, i just think its weird that CCleaner and advanced system care (oh i also ran smart defrag that night) fixed it for a couple weeks)

idk if i shud start replacing hardware and see if that fixes it, and if so, what order to try them in? thanks a lot everyone.

Look at what programs are running, and which are taking up the most RAM or CPU. Open up Task Manager.

Also, see what programs are loaded at startup. Go to Run and type in msconfig. Go to the startup tab. Anything unrecognizable, probably isn't needed. Any updaters, Adobe, Java, can be taken off.

nah its noing like that, i keep all that stuff on check
oh i also tried with msconfig, i had my comp running in diagnostic mode or w/e
where the bare minimum of stuff starts
what i havent tried is seeing if it freezes in safe mode.

its not from anything running tho unless its like something corrupt freezing me but i doubt it

untitled.JPG

my apologies. how do i fix that? reseat my hardware? or does that mean the MB is going?

or a better question, how do i rule that out as a def. issue? and/or rule out its not the cpu (possibly a bit more worth fixing than the MB)

im doing a cpu load

cpu usage is now between 55 and 70. everything acting pretty normal still. from what i can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom