Upgrading my PC componets, which is the best way to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that does cut the price down.

Will it still be 10 years and 5, or 8-10 and 3-5?

I kinda want a 800-1000 WAT PSU for the kick you know. Will my AMD/Asus stuff still work with the Nivdia card?

And the 570/580 ones are better then the other Radeon cards? Well other then the 5970 I'm sure.

Wow that does cut the price down.

Will it still be 10 years and 5, or 8-10 and 3-5?

I kinda want a 800-1000 WAT PSU for the kick you know. Will my AMD/Asus stuff still work with the Nivdia card?

And the 570/580 ones are better then the other Radeon cards? Well other then the 5970 I'm sure.

10 years lifetime and 4-5 high settings. Actually 10 years I think is the estimated lifetime of a CPU. Either way both those cards have lifetime warranties so life isn't the issue :p. The GTX will work fine with your gear.

You don't need that much power but if you want it go ahead and get it. Just stick with a reputable brand like Corsair. Don't go cheap.

the 570 and 580 are the fastest single GPU cards. The 5970, 6970, and GTX 590 are the fastest dual GPU.

It's really hard to say how long the video card will play games at "Max." settings. As time goes on new games always seem to require more power or they get "new" features that your card won't support.

I think a realistic estimate would be 2 years at the most, at Max. settings.

What CPU is the Phenom iix4 bb5? I'm thinking it would bottleneck most modern "Hi-End" video cards if it's not clocked up to the 3.4GHz -3.6GHz range. I'm not saying a better card won't run better, because I'm sure it will, but it may not run as fast as it could.

As for more ram, what operating system are you using? Is it a 64-bit OS? 4GB's should be fine with XP but 8GB's is never a bad idea with Vista or Win7.

I have a Windows 7 64 bit :p.

Well its clocked at 3.4, could clock to 3.6 with 3 cores if I wanted to, not sure why I lowered it, was experiencing video problems thinking it was that but it was just an adobe update in need :p.

It's really hard to say how long the video card will play games at "Max." settings. As time goes on new games always seem to require more power or they get "new" features that your card won't support.

I think a realistic estimate would be 2 years at the most, at Max. settings.

What CPU is the Phenom iix4 bb5? I'm thinking it would bottleneck most modern "Hi-End" video cards if it's not clocked up to the 3.4GHz -3.6GHz range. I'm not saying a better card won't run better, because I'm sure it will, but it may not run as fast as it could.

As for more ram, what operating system are you using? Is it a 64-bit OS? 4GB's should be fine with XP but 8GB's is never a bad idea with Vista or Win7.

I never meant max settings I worded that poorly I meant decently high.

and I agree on the bottleneck as I said before but nonetheless it will help.

Well at the moment my CPU is 3.6 3 Cores unlocked.

I have an HD 5770 *Not sure how old it is* it handles *** Creed Brother Hood/ Shogun 2 Total War pretty good :D.

I am thinking of the 570 350$ + 100$ PSU....or if I have enough, the 580 + 100$ PSU :D.

How much does a CPU have involvement of a game?

And is Intel better in CPUs then Radeon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom