AMD stability/compatibility issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

devlish96

Daemon Poster
To all AMD processor users and fans;

i'd like to know some of the stability and compatibility issues that you've encountered with amd processors.

i know that most of you out there are amd users so i was wondering if you guys can give me a run though of its operating flaws(if there's any) based on your experience.

i'm an intel user and i want to broaden my horizons. :eek: :eek: :eek:

any input would be appreciated...

I think you will find that the only problems ANYONE will complain about with amd is the heat. As long as you use a nice aftermarket HSF that will not be an issue.

No problems on an Athlon XP 2000+ here. Just use a good 3rd party heatsink/fan, tiny bit of thermal goo (AS3), and install it carefully, and you're good to go.

Just don't let it get too hot, otherwise you'll end up with stability issues and even a crisp, fried processor core.

ok...so heats the number 1 problem,..under normal circumstances and normal cooling(stock, average,..etc) whats the normal temp that an amd proc will run? and how hot does it get?

mine normally runs at 45-50 degrees celcius. wich is kinda hot, but thats with stock HSF.

I see,....so if i'm planning to build an athlon based system Abit would be a good choice for a mobo,...what other mobos can i pair athlon with?

I presume kingston would be a great rams with athlon, right?

I personally love Soyo mobo's and Crucial Ram.

Wont use anything else.

alright,.thanks guys! now i'm seriously considering building an athlon based pc. just a few more trips to the bank and i'll be good to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom