Building Another High-End Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had considered going SLI or with a Crossfire set-up with either the 580 or 6970 but didn't know if that would put me way over budget. As far as the two go I mean is the GTX 580 really that much better than the 6970? I went with the ATI 5870 in my last build and have been happy with it. I'll probably go with the 6970 just because the price is far better.

Well since I am basically buying the components/parts for this new PC over the next month or so while I wait on some of the better motherboards to be re-stocked and/or better ones produced for the Sandy Bridges I figured I'd try and take advantage of some deals. Well I got some coupons from Newegg for 15% off any desktop memory. I know this isn't anything uncommon with them it happens quite frequently but I figured why not. I'd go ahead and get the RAM for my new build. I figure 8gb (2x4gb) would be the best way to go. I've been quite happy and impressed with the G.SKILL Ripjaw series but am not sure which would be the best for the money. Also if anyone has any other suggestions on RAM outside of G.SKILL please let me know.

Thanks all!

Just curious if anyone knows if the new nicer motherboards have come out yet for the Sandy Bridges. I just about have all of what I need saved up to go ahead and buy everything but I definitely don't want a crap Mobo with such a great CPU.

Thanks in advance.

Newegg.com - MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Available
Newegg.com - ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard - Sold Out
Newegg.com - ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Available

The review from the first one on HardOPC.com says easy overclocking...also another plus is both PCIex16 slots run at x16 in crossfire/sli. Some here have said msi do not make good motherboards, but everything I've read has said differently...so I don't know; it's up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom