Upgrading PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

webby93

Baseband Member
I'm upgrading my PC and have a little setup that I think goes well.
Just wondering if people think there is better motherboard or better offers altogether.

Intel i5 2500k - Intel Core i5 2500K 3.3GHz Socket 1155 6MB Cache.. | Ebuyer.com
Asus P8P67-M PRO R3 - Asus P8P67 Pro R3 P67 Socket 1155 8 Channel HD Audio.. | Ebuyer.com
Corsair Dominator 2 x 4gb DDR3 1600MHz - Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.65V | Ebuyer.com

I'm wondering if there are any good aftermarket air coolers that can be suggested. I'm thinking something like a this coolermaster. Thats even if I need one, I've heard good things about the stock cooler.
Coolermaster V8 Socket 1156,1155, 1366, 775, AM2.. | Ebuyer.com

I already have all the other components thats why its just the cpu, mobo, ram and an aftermarket cpu fan.
I have a gtx 465 so was wondering if its worth to get another if I can get one cheap off my mate. and if this board supports sli.

Much love <3

looks great.
That's CM V8 looks HUGE though, don't know if you'd have clearance issues with your RAM.

Yeah, I just realised that when you said. Looked at this video and you can see from about 2.17 that it should fit fine in my opinion (tell me if i'm wrong :p) And about 3.15 when it is attached to an actual motherboard. So I reckon it will be fine.

I'm also wondering if this is a good motherboard for the 2500k. I have heard good things about it.
And in anyones opinion whether I should get another gtx 465 for sli.
Many thanks
James

I have an xp that I'm looking to work on. It only has 256mb of ram, of course if I buy more ram it'll run faster but I also want to buy a better processor and much more. Do you think it's worth it to do the work or should I not waste my time and money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom