My First Building Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim1990

Solid State Member
Hello everyone. Im new here:big_smile:

I am into building a gaming computer. I want to make a switch from consoles because gamming PC's are allot more powerfull.

I am new to this. I have some basic computer knowledge but not enough to build one completely :(

I have done allot of research myself but I need to ask questions also.

Here is what I have so far.

Processor - AMD Phenom ii X6 1090T Black Ed

Motherboard - Asus Xtreme design. M487TD/USB3

Memory - Patriot Viper Extreme 8GB DDR3 2000.

HDD - Seagate FreeAgent Desk 1TB

Disc Drive - 4x Blu Ray

Graphics Card - HD Radeon 6870 1GB

Operating System - Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

PC Case

Here is my questions.

1. Will these work properly together?

2. What Power supply would be best in voltage?

3. Do I need a aftermarket cooling fan?

4. Am I missing anything else in the hardware section on this computer?

What's your budget? There is much to be desired in your build and for gaming a 6 core is way unnecessary.

1. They will work together but like said the 6 core is a little over the top for gaming.

2. I think a 600+watt corsair is your happy place.

3. Not unless you want to overclock.

4. Besides the PSU? no

My suggestions, go with an i5 2500 (go with the 2500k if you want to overclock). You only need 4gb~6gb of ram realistically. 8gb is fine if it's in your budget but most times you won't use more than 4. Why a blu-ray? If you're going to be watching lots of blu-ray's then fine, but otherwise it's rather unnecessary. As fairfieldfalconsfan said that hard drive is an external drive, so while it wouldn't be a bad idea to have an external for backups, you'll need an internal drive for your OS and stuff. Other than that, looks good, the 6870 is a great card. For a power supply I'd recommend a 650-750 watt PSU. I picked this guy up today Newegg.com - Antec TruePower New TP-750 750W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.3 / EPS12V V2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC "compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power Supply It's fairly inexpensive and offers good reliable power and will take those components, it would support another video card if you wanted to crossfire later on as well.

You'll only need an aftermarket cooler if you're going to be overclocking. otherwise the stock cooler will suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom