need help choosing a power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
well that still doesn't answer my question on if i can only use certain power supplys

Watts and Volts are general terms that are often manipulated by the unreliable, cheaper made models. The +12V Amps are what you want to look for, but I'm not going to teach you everything, I don't have the time, you can google this information or just pick one of the power supplies I selected. This was the cheapest one.

Newegg.com - CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 (CMPSU-600CX) 600W ATX12V v2.3 Active PFC Power Supply

Edit: You can use any ATX 12V power supply with a 24-pin Main Connector so long as it provides enough Amps and it has the appropriate connectors to plug in and power your components.

99.99% of them will run it just fine.

It's something like the rails aren't providing enough power to the card when it's running max power... I don't know very much about them, so don't take my word for it :tongue:
EDIT: beaten to it :tongue:

something strange is happening now it turns out the computer is no longer shutting down but i still don't have my new power supply i don't understand can you explain this to be can reply fast i surely don't know if this is a good or bad thing

It could be an intermittent problem. Without actually being at your computer I couldn't possibly attempt to know whats happening for sure.

I suggest downloading and installing HWMonitor. Start the program up and leave it running while you game for awhile. After 20 or 30 minutes stop gaming and post a screenshot of the HWMonitor box. Here's a guide to help you post a screenshot, http://www.techist.com/forums/f128/screenshot-tutorial-239107/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom