HP Computer upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdBoy

Beta member
Hey guys,
so I got an hp p6754y computer and I'm planning on upgrading the graphics card, psu, and ram.

I was wondering if an ati radeon HD 5870 will fit in the case and what brand for it is good, i keep finding asus and xfx around. Also i found a rocketfish 900 watt psu for around the same price of a corsair gaming series 600 watt one. Not really sure whats better for me. As for Ram, I'm trying to upgrade it to 8gigs instead of the stock 4 gigs to make it a little bit faster.
So guys, can you help me out?
-Ed

What is this PC for? and DO NOT GET THE ROCKETFISH PSU!!! Rocketfish PSU= garbage. That Corsair 600 is perfect.

The card should fit but I won't suggest anything as Radeons aren't my thing.

I wouldn't upgrade the ram if you're only gaming or surfing. You won't see a difference unless you are doing editing and things of that nature.

What is this PC for? and DO NOT GET THE ROCKETFISH PSU!!! Rocketfish PSU= garbage. That Corsair 600 is perfect.

The card should fit but I won't suggest anything as Radeons aren't my thing.

I wouldn't upgrade the ram if you're only gaming or surfing. You won't see a difference unless you are doing editing and things of that nature.

thanks for the reply
yea thought so on the rocketfish, I never heard that brand before.
the pc is for casual modern gaming, video editing, and other daily computer work. My current graphics card apparently cant handle crysis 2 so ill have to upgrade, hehe its a good excuse for me.
all good on the graphics card, i just looked at that since most of my friends are running radeons, im not biased on either nvidia or ati/amd
well as i said a couple sentences ago im usually editing videos most of the time because of my film classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom