Finished Cleaning out computer, WONT START NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aveangior

Beta member
Hey Guys, Just finished cleaning out my computer like a do every month and after today i put everything together and it wont start, I have absolutely no cash and need to fix this even if i have to use duct tape and bubblegum!

The only thing i know that doesnt have any problems is my video card because i went to the computer store i bought it at and they tested it and it works flawlessly.

When the computer boots up the fans and led lights turn on but nothing at all displays on the screen, every 1 to 2 seconds the fans die down for a sec then go back up to their previous speed. Also out of the 5 indicator lights on the 4870x2 the middle light blinks about every second or two as well.

All i did is clean it out very gently and i dont know what on earth the problem could be.

I Have some videos here that might help.

video-2011-03-30-20-40-31.mp4 video by aveangior - Photobucket

video-2011-03-30-20-39-01.mp4 video by aveangior - Photobucket

Computer specs,

Antec 1200
Antec 1000 watt power supply,
ATI 4870x2
intel q6600 was clocked at 3.0ghz
4 gigs 800mhz crucial ram (1 gig each, Total of 4)
Auzentech xplosion 5.1 soundcard
Secondary ati 3450
Intel extreme series motherboard, Dont know the model :( starts with d then x maybe?

Regards

Check the basics first:

Make sure you plugged everything back in (some Motherboards have 2 power connectors, etc)

Make sure the CPU heat sink is firmly secured (no wobble, etc)

If it shuts it'self off it's either an Overheat issue, or a "wrong cord in wrong spot" connection - and the computer is preventing itself from doing damage.

Make sure all connections are clean, and firm. IF anything is bent - do not use it.

If you removed your RAM, video card, harddrive or anything else - make very sure you put it firmly back into place (and in the correct position)

If you have onboard video - try pulling out your video card and using onboard instead - just to see if it boots, if it boots - it IS a problem with the video card, although this doesn't mean it's "ruined" just possibly not powered/plugged in properly, or recieving enough juice from the motherboard+connectors. Also make sure the monitor is plugged in securely.

CPU power plug? -Stupid question, but I've done it.

Possibility of a static shock. Do you have a speaker hooked up to the board for beep codes? Try a CMOS reset?

I've got a 4870 (single) and I asked about the lights a WHILE ago.

LEDS on HD4870 cards

D1601 - Red LED On, shows critical temperature fault

D1602 - Red LED On, shows External power connector A was removed

D1603 - Red LED On, shows External power connector B was removed

D601 - Red LED On, shows critical Core power fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom