Building a computer help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overload

Baseband Member
you don't need to bump your thread. A) it's against forum rules, and B) you just posted this 15 minutes ago.

the parts are compatible, did the CPU cooler come with different mounting brackets? If not you're probably doing it wrong, and some pictures would help us point you in the right direction.

Sorry about that i'm just panicing a bit.

The cooler came with 6 mounts (i'll try and upload pictures in a moment) but they dont seem to line up with the holes on the mobo to screw in...

ImageShack Album - 5 images

If you need any more pictures just ask

Did you look at the users manual?

v6gt.jpg

Yeah i did, those stands dont fit, they are just short, ill try again now just to make sure

Ok erm, on the bottom side, i can only connect it by the corner screws, and the holes dont fit the for the other ones, ill upload a picture in a moment (i think ive explained it badly)

You didn't line up the notches correctly, looks like the top right is lined up with socket 775 while the bottom left is in the socket 1366 notch. Basically you have to put them right in between the two notches which is the 1156/1155.

All you have to do is to move the back plate down-left by a few millimeters and all the holes will line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom