Computer stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd advise you to get a new PSU regardless of any other issues. A bad PSU can take out a lot of components if it dies, as what potentially happened in another thread. invest in a quality psu and then take it from there. It might solve your problems, or it might not, but even if it doesn't solve your problems, it's a good investment.

If that doesn't work, and resetting the cmos doesn't work to fix your boot issue, try taking out all of your ram and putting in 1 stick at a time see if it boots. *try this after you reset the cmos*

if none of those things work, it might be a dead mobo or cpu which could be a direct result of a cheap quality PSU.

Ok thanks. gonna get a good PSU soon, possibly today. I believe it's the PSU because the PC has been lagging since I got this PSU, and it's very noisy. I wanted to get a new PSU instead of it, since the d*mn shopkeeper won't take this PSU back, but school took most of my time. I hope nothing is dead, except for GPU lol, which would bring me an excuse to buy a new supereme one xD
So If the system I posted last post, with the 2x2GB DDR2 800 MHz ram ( I forgot to mention the RAM ) is 500 Watts good?

if it's a good quality one then yes. Look for an 80Plus bronze/silver/gold/platinum sticker on the box. the base 80 Plus is 80% efficient under 100% load, 80 Plus bronze is 82%, silver is 85%, gold is 87% and platinum is 89%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom