Computer stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skorpian

In Runtime
Hello.
Okay new strange issue in my PC lately.
I noticed it when I plugged it into electricity, PC turned on automatically without me clicking turn on button. I turned it off by clicking on power button, getting out the electricity cord, plugging it again, same thing.
But the more problem is, it's stuck. Whether I turn it on by plugging it in, or by plugging it in then turning it off and returning it on, it's stuck on very first screen. I don't know what it's called, it's the one which displays the buttons I can use for various action. Like DEL : BIOS SETUP. It also says gigabyte smart safe.
I'm smelling a blown up PSU. It's been acting weirdly for a while, computer was slow and laggy but it wasn't with the previous PSU. It's also not a quality PSU, it's called 2B ( I bet someone to have known this PSU lol ).
Suggestions?

Get a new PSU. End of story. Your PSU could be shocking your PC.
Expected that :D.
So here are my system specs, I wonder how many watts I need to run it at :
E8400 Dual Core Intel processor underclocked @ 2.40 GHZ due to mobo limitation ( sometimes overclocked to its stock 3.00 GHz )
ATI Radeon x1550 PCI Express Graphics card
250 GB Sata HDD
160 GB IDE HDD
Gigabyte 945PL-S3P Motherboard

Can't buy online. Being located in Egypt, I believe shipping will be super expensive to here. So I'll buy locally.
@Kmote : How to clear cmos :D?

http://img.tomshardware.com/us/2006...today_and_tomorrow/asus_975x_cmos_battery.jpg

that's what the cmos battery looks like, it could be located pretty much anywhere on your motherboard. Just pop it out for like 5 minutes and then put it back in.

as far as your computer starting up when you plug in the power cord, that's a setting in your bios. I'm not 100% which one it is exactly, and it depends on your specific bios version, but there's a setting in the power settings for it. just lurk around in it and try some things, something will eventually work.

then reset the cmos first, and if you're able to get to the bios then you can fix your problem of having the PC turn on when you plug it in.

Sorry but still does this mean I need a new PSU? or clearing cmos would get me out of this trouble?
Also, one of the lagging problems I have with this PSU is that a certain folder with lots of files in it causes computer to freeze for a while each time I open it. PSU-related problem I think?
EDIT : Also, how am I supposed to take out the cmos battery? What tool should I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom