Cannot connect my Pc to my HDTV using a hdmi cable *need help badly*

Status
Not open for further replies.

snakebite

Beta member
:dead:Hello... I have bought a hdmi cable but when i plug it into my pc and then into my tv i get no signal. I have tryed a few things to resolve this but nothing to my knowledge works. My pc and tv and cable is capable of working. I am using a HDTV as my pc monitor using a dvi to hdmi cable (Dvi from pc hdmi into tv) which works fine and so does vga. Just hdmi is causing the problems. I am using a nividia graphics card. I dont know what is going wrong i really need help because i dont like using dvi to hdmi as it isn't the best quality. Thanks in advanced... ANY ADVICE AT ALL PLEASE SHARE

I have had this problem once before. The solution i found was since the hdmi connection was not automatically detected i had to go into the bios and enable hdmi. You might also want to try a different hdmi cable and see if this resolves your problem or try using your hdmi cable with another device. Also make sure that your drivers are up to date.

No it doesn't show up at all i get absolutely nothing and i will try the bios thing now and will post back if i succeeded, Also i dont really have anything i can test the cable with. So DAMIT anyway thanks for all the help.......

Ok just tried bios no luck i cant find a option involving hdmi at all... I really need help what is going on here. JUST A RECAP... I plug hdmi cable into my pc then into my tv turn the source on the tv to hdmi 1 which is what port i plugged it into turn on my pc and i get screensaver (On my tv screensaver is what comes up instead on no signal) Here is my motherboard info so if you know any setting i can change to fix this PLEASE TELL ME>>> Gigabyte S-series MA78LMT-S2 and my graphics card is a>>> NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 HELP ASAP

Have you messed with the NVidia driver software yet? There might be an option to turn on HDMI or make that your primary source for a display. There was at least for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom