your thoughts on my first build

Status
Not open for further replies.

riefler

Solid State Member
hey all ,

I never build my own pc and since I came across this forum I can't wait to get started on one :p
So I put something togheter and I would love to hear your thoughts

-Case : Coolermaster elite 330 Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER RC-692-KKN2 CM690 II Advanced Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
-Mobo : ASUS P7P55D-E PRO ALTERNATE - HARDWARE - Moederborden - Intel - Socket 1156 - ASUS P7P55D-E PRO
-CPU : Intel® Core™ i5-760 ALTERNATE - HARDWARE - Processoren (CPU) - Desktop - Socket 1156 - Intel® Core™ i5-760
-Power supply : Antec High Current Gamer HCG-520 ALTERNATE - HARDWARE - Voedingen - tot 600 Watt - Antec High Current Gamer HCG-520
-Graphic : MSI N450GTS-M2D1GD5/OC ALTERNATE - HARDWARE - Grafische kaarten - Alle PCIe kaarten - MSI N450GTS-M2D1GD5/OC
-HD : Seagate ST31500341AS 1,5 TB ALTERNATE - HARDWARE - Harddisks - Serial-ATA - 3,5 inch - Seagate ST31500341AS 1,5 TB
-RAM : GeIL 8 GB DDR3-1333 Kit ALTERNATE - HARDWARE - Geheugen - DDR3 - DDR3-1333 - GeIL 8 GB DDR3-1333 Kit

It looks like a pretty good basic gaming system. How do you intend to use it?
Have you confirmed that the memory is compatible with the mobo?
The text for the PSU link states that it is a 600w PSU but the model listed is 520w, although that should be ample for the video card you listed and even many that are more powerful. I assume you are not planning to SLI as the PSU might not easily accommodate that.
I assume you will be using a 64 bit operating system to take advantage of all the memory.
You did not list an optical drive, so I assume that is just because it is pretty much a generic item.

hey thanks for your reply ,

First of all I intend to use the pc for gaming and also for some programming and other stuff .
And yea I checked if the memory is compatible with the mobo
As for the PSU it's a 520 W not a 600 W :p

and ofcourse I will be using a 64 bit OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom