A Wild Introduction Thread Appears!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaeanimus

Solid State Member
I was browsing through the forums and saw this section, so I figured I'd post.

I've been working with computers ever since I figured out how to install Windows 95 on an old computer my dad brought home from work when I was a kid. The only programming language I know is FORTRAN 66 (which I taught myself in the fourth grade). My Sophomore year in high school, I built a computer that... well, let's just say it involved cramming a very well-known proprietary UNIX-like OS into a custom-built Intel rig. :tongue:

I've recently been trying to pick up Linux after trying Ubuntu in December and falling in love when it worked perfectly "out of the box" with all the hardware I could never get running properly in Windows. To re-iterate, I love Linux so far.

Anyway, I joined the Tech-Forums to see if I could get help with a newer rig I've built (hopefully my thread will pop up in the hardware sub-forum soon :wink:) and more importantly to provide my abnormally less-than-limited expertise regarding NT-based systems (and my less less-than-limited expertise on other platforms).

So yeah. Rock on.

EDIT: After looking through other forums, it's pretty evident that there's a lot of knowledge and experience here. Y'all are awesome.

Welcome to TF!

Love the Pokemon reference.

Welcome to the forums.

Peter, a lot of my friends know Fortran because of their physics studies. At least it's better than c++ ;)

Ha I wouldn't have hated it so much in college if that were true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom