Sub-$1000 gamin/CS5 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj_extreme

Daemon Poster
Hello, first post here. I am going to build my first computer, and I will be using it for some gaming (mainly Metro 2033, Fallout (3 & New Vegas), and Sims 3. But it's main use will be for Adobe CS5 (every program included in Production Premium) and other various uses such as (light) game programming, an video editing. I want a 2600k,and I was looking at an EVGA GeForce GTX 460, but I'm open to suggestions on that as well. and I'm set on that. Suggestions for the rest of the build would be greatly appreciated. :)

A good power supply (800 W +). You could also try looking at the ASUS P8P67 PRO MOBO.

Do you need a monitor as well? How about an operating system?
Is the 1000 price range just for a tower?

The $1000 is just for the tower. I have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, printer, etc... And I'm going to be running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, which I already have. So the $1000 price range is just for the tower.

Thanks, Fat.Clown. That build is very similar to my final build. I ordered a build from Ibuypower (I don't have time to put on together myself ATM). Specs:
Intel Core-i7-2600k
Gigabyte P67 mobo (can't remember the model # off hand)
Corsair 650w 80+ PSU
Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600 (2*4gb)
ATI Radeon HD 5450 (I recieved an EVGA 560 ti 1gb oc'd for a gift)
Sony 24x CD/DVD Burner
640gb 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0gb
Azza Spartan Gaming Case
Liquid CPU cooling w/High Performance Fan Upgrade
I will be running Windows 7 Ultimate x64, but I already have that. (Thank you, TPB :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom