Core i5 System

Status
Not open for further replies.
that asrock extreme 6 is a better board than the p67pro, it's got dual lan, more sata II connections, and an 18 phase VRM as opposed to a 12 phase VRM on the asus which is better for overclocking. It's a little more expensive, but the extreme 6 has more features than the p67 pro.

that asrock extreme 6 is a better board than the p67pro, it's got dual lan, more sata II connections, and an 18 phase VRM as opposed to a 12 phase VRM on the asus which is better for overclocking. It's a little more expensive, but the extreme 6 has more features than the p67 pro.

Uhh that's funny because I can get them both for the same price. (actually the Asrock is $5 cheaper)
The thing is I would trust Asus more. These reviews are not helping either but if there are genuine advantages to buy it, I would.

The dual LAN is quite unless to me at the moment. The same goes for the extra SATAII connectors.

I guess the 18 phase is the only thing that I might be interesting in although I have to first search up what it is :p

EDIT: Would that 12 phase power design be stable in supplying the 2500k @ 4.6GHz?
EDIT: I just looked at the Gigabyte P67A-UD4 and it has everything I want (disregarding the UEFI although I'd rather stick to BIOS anyway because I don't often trust new technology that do not get updated often).

So now I've got three two choices.

ASUS P8P67 Pro
Gigabyte P67A-UD4
Asrock P67 Extreme6

You joined TF to ask our opinion about your build, why then base a decision off of newegg reviews?

The 18 phase VRM will give a more consistent voltage. And the extreme 6 and p67 both use UEFI and UEFI is much more versatile than BIOS.

You joined TF to ask our opinion about your build, why then base a decision off of newegg reviews?

The 18 phase VRM will give a more consistent voltage. And the extreme 6 and p67 both use UEFI and UEFI is much more versatile than BIOS.

I'm getting more opinions. The more informed the better I'd say :)

From what I've read most would say that 12 phase is good enough, so yeah. And so I will go with the Asus because it is a trusted brand.

If you are going to use a high end graphics card I would up your PSU power from 550 W to something like 800 - 900 W to be on the safe side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom