ipod

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynejkruse10

Fully Optimized
recently i have had huge data loss on my computer, and my music was lost. all my music however was not lost, it was stored on my ipod. Now before when i have plugged in my ipod into a fresh version of windows it formats it. i believe this is caused by itunes on Auto mode with updating the ipod. i want to get all my music onto my hdd. how do i do this safely?
wayne

is there an option for it to format or does it just do it as soon as you plug it in?

well, i havnt had much experience with this, only done it once before, you can access the drive in my computer but the songs arnt listed there

Ahh there's no way it'd just automatically format it. Don't install Itunes or whatever the program is you generally use to copy files to it and plug it in via (is it usb?) and see if you can simply access it's hard drive.

But I suppose if you think that's going to erase everything then......hmmm I don't know...I've never had an Ipod myself so really the only thing you can do at this point is trial and error.... =/

unless someone else comes and chimes in here with some useful info

yeah, i dont think itll format if itunes is set to Manual rather than auto, and i cant chage it without plugging it in. or i could use some 3rd party software like ephpod or anapod explorer

Exactly :D I wish you the best of luck man because I have over 2000 MP3's on my 80gb and I know I'd hate to lose those =/ makes me sad thinking about it

yes, i have 1400 on my 15gb and i only recovered 800 of them on my pc, i would hate to loose em!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom