What graphics card to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too recommend the 6850, got one myself and have loved it so far. Also couple of them have rebates and $10 gift cards on newegg. If ur a return buyer the 10 would be a bonus.

I recommend the GTX 460 768MB card. It is a solid card that can be found at a discount right now because it is being replaced by the GTX 550 Ti, but the new card is slower. The 768MB version of the GTX 460 is only slightly slower than the 1GB version, but costs substantially less. See the slight performance difference in this article:

Nvidia GeForce GTX 460: The Fermi We Were Waiting For : GeForce GTX 460 At 1 GB And 768 MB

Note that on the THG Best Card for the Money article linked below, the GTX 460 1 GB is one of the cards recommended at the $200 price level. This card is almost as fast and as shown in the review above, and costs quite a bit less..

Best Graphics Cards For the Money: March 2011 : March Updates

For a specific card, I recommend the MSI Twin Frozr because of its effective but quiet heatsink/fan, factory overclock, and good price – only $130 after rebate.

Newegg.com - MSI N460GTX Twin Frozr II SOC GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 768MB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

You can find more informatiion about reviews of video cards at:

Upgrade Guide to Video Card Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom