Not open for further replies.

vaironl

In Runtime
Hello guys i have a Dell inspiron 351s with these specs :

Windows vista home premium
AMD Athlon(tm)64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+
1.50GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

And i don't know if I could change the mother board add ram get a better video card without increasing the temperature.. its a small case so I really don't know what to do any ideas?

I don't understand. Do you want to decrease the temperature of your computer components?
Then adding a fan(s) or getting a new case entirely should solve that problem.

Could you post your computer maker and model number? For example, "HP a6110n"

I don't understand. Do you want to decrease the temperature of your computer components?
Then adding a fan(s) or getting a new case entirely should solve that problem.

Could you post your computer maker and model number? For example, "HP a6110n"

Well what I would like to do is been able to play medium- good graphics games ( NOT TOO TOOO HIGH) , and knowing if i have to add fans and stuff like that . and I am afraid that maybe nothing would actually be able to be changed

well, once you do put something like a graphics card in you should definitely put in atleast one fan, and it's really not difficult at all, your case may already have a spot for another fan to go.

if you tried to replace the motherboard you'd be better off building a whole new system. It would be easier and not too much more expensive. As for a video card, your upgrade options depend what you have for a PSU and what your budget is.

Yes you can probably add more memory and a very small video card.

You have 4 memory slots and can probably benefit from going to 3 GB. What mix of memory do you have now for the 1.5 GB - how many sticks, of what size and what is make and model- also what speed (MHz) which should be written on the modules. Note that you have DDR2 which is a little more expensive than the current DDR3 memory.

You do have a PCIe x16 slot to add a video card, but you will be severly limited by your power supply, which is only 300w, unless you decide to change it to - (getting a decent PSU would cost about $40 and would greatly increase the size and range of video cards you could accommodate. The quality of a CPU is almost as important as size, can you look at the PSU inside the case and read the make and model off the label?

To look at some upgrade options for the video card, take a look at this site which provides a range of recommended video cards for different budget levels and also shows power requirements and provides some performance data.

Best Video Card Uogrades for Non-gaming Use

With only 300w, it is possible you might need to consider some other cards as well. So after you take a looks at that site and consider the above - tell us what is your preference - get a new upgraded video card only or a card and PSU?

With a few upgrades, you can significantly increase gaming performance. On the other hand, you don't want to put too much money into an older system

Here is a link to specs on your system.

Documentation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom