Excalamation points on all my sound drivers!(High definition audio device)

Status
Not open for further replies.

myztajay

Solid State Member
I have an

MSI p67-GD65 mobo
gtx 460 Gpu
8 gigs of ram
Windows 7 64bit (getting SP1 soon)

So I've got no audio, In device manager I've got 4 "High definition audio device" & "Realtek high definition audio" all with Exclamation points. Plus on my speaker icon in taskbar thier is just an X.

Here's what I've done:
1.Installed driver from MOBO cd
2. got lastest real tek drivers
3. double checked my connections on mobo
4. tried windows updating the drivers
5. checked if it was enabled in sound manager (no devices in it)

the strange part is when i first installed windows 7 (64) i had devices in sound manger and My Mbox2(External sound card) worked but after updates everything went to ****. it's way to many updates to restore back at this point, so that out the question.

Anyone have a similar problem?

No luck I followed your guid as best I could but seeing as how the driver currently assigned by microsoft "2) Uninstall the current software that holds the driver." is fankly impossible, but it reminds me, that although I have the most current realtek drivers, Whenever I look them up in device manager it stilll uses the microsoft ones.

And when i try to manually update them, windows say that my current driver are upto date or I need to install them from an .ini file which the realtek package isn't.

So no notable progress, although I'm hopeful.

to add to this, When I restarted I got excited window 7 said "found new hardware," installing and so on, then said the same thing installation of drivers failed. implying it know my Hardware exist, it just can't assign the proper driver, even though I manually show it where it is.

Starting to suspect it has something to do with regristry entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom