M2N-SLI Deluxe with GTX570 and 8800GT - question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hironori

Solid State Member
I have a M2N SLI Deluxe mobo that I'm upgrading to a GTX570 from 8800GT and I don't want the previous card to go to waste and I was wondering if dual card was plausable with these two or should I simply not bother? I understand that it is normally best to just use two identical cards but again I just didnt want my other one to go to waste since it's only 2 years old and still completely fine.

I wasn't sure what forum section to ask this question in, I hope this is okay.

Thanks in advance :)

Unrelated bonus question -
Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS2 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X4096-6400C5
Newegg.com - CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory Model VS4GBKIT800D2 G

I was torn between these two forms of memory by Corsair and with a decent amount of searching I couldn't find a solid answer on the difference between XMS2 and normal Corsair memory.

I know that there is slightly better cooling on the XMS2 product (but I haven't found anything conclusive other than that) so I purchased that one already, I'm almost positive it should work on my M2N SLI Deluxe board but I just wanted to be completely sure.

you can use it as a physx card, but I believe that the newer nvidia cards have physx built in.

the xms2 ram will just take increased voltage if you're overclocking.

Thanks for the response- I'll have to look up how to make it a physX card... I wont take up more time asking here if it's easy to figure out.

So I made a bad choice on the memory? There is NO BENEFIT to getting it over the original if I'm not overclocking?

no the voltage is the same, cas latency is the same and frequency is the same so there isn't any difference between them, unless you're overclocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom