NEED YOUR OPINION!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yz722

Beta member
hey guys... i'm planning to trade in my laptop for a roughly 2 yr built gaming pc. here are the specs.

It is a ECS Motherboard – A780 GM-A Black Series
AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition CPU 3.10 GHz
with Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro Heatsink and Cooling Fan
4 Gigs DDR2 OCZ Platinum Ram
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX 768Mb Video Card
Seagate 250 Gig SATA Hard Drive
LG SATA DVD Burner
NZXT Digital Temp Display with (5) Fan Controllers
Thermaltake V3 Black Edition Mid Tower Case

1. My question is how much is it worth now and when it was built
2. can it run starcraft 2 / aion / L4D2 and games like that on high/ultra?
3. is there any problems with this combo of hardware.
4. anything else to look for?

:)

Thanks for all your help!

2. You cannot play starcraft on high...I don't know about the other games, but I'm pretty sure you can't play those on high either.

Very nice graphics card.

How long has nVidia actually manufactured their own video cards? Seems new to me, but I'm seeing them all over lately.

Not a bad set up. It's still a decent enough machine to run just about any game. I have an 8800GTS in my son's machine, and he plays MR2, and other games pretty good. (not sure about maxed out setting though) If you are trading this for a laptop, then I assume that this has been used before so the combo of all the parts will work, as long as you take the time to test out the machine prior to the trade and make sure all things work.
I would ask to see a game played on it as well. Sometimes graphic cards go bad and you get a lot of artifacts. So that would mean you would have to replace it, costing you money.
but as long as you are happy with it and you don't really need your laptop, then I guess it'll be a good trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom