New PC Building help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasKeef

Beta member
First of all, thank you for taking the time to read this, and in advance for any help you may be able to offer!

My power supply just went out on an old pc I have, so I figured it's time to replace the 5yr+ old computer.

I was sent to Tiger Direct by a friend to pick out parts.

I picked a Barebones kit and a Video card, I am wondering if there are any other parts I will need outside of these two selections (besides a monitor, I will be using a 40" LCD HDTV) that I will need to have a complete working pc.

Barebones kit:
MSI 785GTM-E45 PowerUp Barebones Kit - MSI 785GTM-E45 Mobo, AMD Phenom X4 9750 CPU, CPU Fan, Crucial 4GB DDR2 RAM (2x 2GB), Seagate 1TB HDD, 24x DVDRW, PowerUp ATX Mid-Tower Case, 450W Power Supply at TigerDirect.com

And this is the Video Card I selected, though I'm still deciding between it and two others.

EVGA 01G-P3-1556-KR GeForce GTX 550 Ti Video Card - 1GB, GDDR5, PCI-Express 2.0 (x16), Mini-HDMI, Dual DVI, DirectX 11, Dual-Slot, SLI Ready at TigerDirect.com

Though I'm pretty sure that is the one I will go with, here are the other two I was considering.

HIS H575QS1GD Radeon HD IceQ+ 5750 Video Card - 1GB GDDR5, PCI Express 2.0, DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort at TigerDirect.com

Sparkle SXX4601024D5UNM GeForce GTX 460 OverClocked Video Card - 1024MB GDDR5, PCI-Express 2.0, Dual DVI, Mini HDMI, SLI, DirectX 11, Fermi at TigerDirect.com

Or if you can suggest a better barebones kit or video card for around the same price!
I'd really like to stay under $500 like around the $400-450 range

Again, I appreciate any help/advice you can offer!

If you buy that kit you need to go ahead and buy a "good" power supply from a "Reliable" manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom